Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In desperate need of some inspiration

I will start off with aplogozing....again. I.suck.at.blogging. There are a million and three excuses I could give you as to why I have STILL not posted any of my projects on here, but I will simply offer this one. I am what you could call a design basket case right now. I have a million and three projects going on in my head. I am obsessed with finding new projects that will make my apartment look a-freakin-mazing, all the while not finishing ONE single project I have in the "works". I'm hoping that is going to change tonight, though. I found a can of pretty amazing "oops" paint at Lowe's last night, and I have my bathroom taped and ready for paint. I PROMISE I will post pictures when I feel like it as soon as I finish.

However, this post is more than just an "I'm so sorry for being a sucky blogger". This post is an I.need.help. post. Not the kind of help that comes from counseling (although some days I seriously think that wouldn't hurt). I need design suggestions. I got this bedding for my birthday.  I fell in love with it when I first saw it. It's great for a girl like me. And by a girl like me, I mean a single (not single as in no boy in my life single - don't worry honey, you're not that lucky - single as in "I live all by myself and can decorate my bedroom as girly as I want" single). Here's where the problem comes in. I am having a heck of a time trying to decide on a paint color. That's right folks. I can paint my apartment. Any color I want. With no prior approval. Can you just imagine the happy dance that took place inside my head when they told me that? It was awesome. And not only CAN I paint, but I NEED to paint. Have you ever been in a place that was painted with the cheapest paint possible? No? Well I have. What happens when it's painted with really cheap, crappy paint you ask? Every single thing that touches it leaves marks. I kid you not. It's RIDICULOUS. I have pink marks all the way down my stairwell right now because of my sister's laundry hamper. I have silver marks on my bedroom wall from my watch rubbing up against it. Not good. So now that the Fair is over and I got extra days hours of sleep this weekend, it is time for me to start painting.

Now is where I need your help. I think know that if I find a paint color for my bedroom, the rest of the decor will be easy peasy. It's just picking that paint color that is sooooo hard for me right now. So I need opinions. Keep in mind that my bedroom is not huge. I have a sliding patio door that goes out onto my balcony, but that is it for natural light. And if I don't paint it a nuetral color, I will have to paint it back before I move out. This isn't a huge deal, but if I can get by without having to paint a place twice, then that would be super. All of my furniture is black, and I'm trying to stay away from a taupe color (or at least the "cookie cutter" taupe that every one has on their walls). So here is a link to my bedding (I apologize again - I'm at work {don't tell} and don't have access to a camera or my bedding at this moment to take a picture, and the picture I tried to steal borrow from the Website is really crummy quality). If you would so kindly look at my bedding and then leave me a comment with your suggestions, I would be forever grateful. I will let you know when I finally make a decision. I am on vacation (woohooo) in a week and a half and plan to do some serious painting and decorating then and I PROMISE I will fill you in on the progress as I go. So here it is. Comments are appreciated. Happy Wednesday!

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=462278&CategoryID=39043

No comments:

Post a Comment