Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

I titled this blog "Excuses, excuses, excuses" because that's EXACTLY what I am about to give you for not updating it once since I have created this little masterpiece. It's not that I've forgotten about it. In fact, I log in daily to get updates from all of the other blogs that I am following. It's not even that I haven't gotten any DIY projects done yet. I've gotten a few and extremely awesome projects done. The reason I haven't blogged ONCE since I created this electronic outlet for all of my thoughts, projects, and other ramblings? I.have.been.swamped. Story of everyone's life, right? Yeah, I know. But really, I've been so busy that even blogging is a challenge for me. You see, I made the decision earlier this year to finally get a big girl place. I have been avoiding living by myself for awhile now, even though I am very much a "live by myself and LOVE it" girl. The main reason? It is going to cost me $300 extra dollars a month just to LIVE. Crazy right? Yeah, I thought so too. I mean, think of the thrifting saving that could be done with that extra $300 a month. Agh! I get a little anxious even thinking about it. But then I go home. To my big girl place. And no one has left any unwashed dishes in the sink. And no one has left crumbs from making toast all over my the counter. And no one has left rotting food in the refridgerator because that's the laziest easiest place to keep it. And no one is in the middle of doing laundry when I am down to my last pair of underwear. And I get to decorate and paint (YAY!) the place to my taste. So moral of the story, I have been living by myself now for a little less than a month and it.is.GLORIOUS. Minus the extra $300 a month part.

Because my apartment and utilites are going to cost me an extra $300 a month, I have a pretty tight budget. Good thing I am becoming an expert at thrifting and DIY'ing huh? So that leads me to the 2nd reason that I haven't been keeping up on blogging. I currently do not have internet. (GASP)! I know, I know. How do I do it? I would be lying if I said it wasn't painfully difficult slightly challenging. Now, I have internet at work which I'm currently using to write this post (hey, I'm taking a lunch/blogging break, ok?). But I work for the Iowa State Fair. And the Iowa State Fair starts in 2 days (eek!). So I've been swamped at work. I wouldn't exactly be the model employee I try to be if I used precious work time to blog about my love of DIY'ing, now would I? No, didn't think so (shoot). So internet time has been sparce. Actually, it's been non-existent outside of work. I will probably work with my budget a little more after the Fair ends and figure out a way to work it in. Because if I'm not going to have cable (which the boy is NOT happy about), then I at least need to have internet. I can only talk to myself for so long before I start to get bored.

The last reason I am gong to give you for not keeping up on this little blog of mine is that I work for the Iowa State Fair. I know I've already mentioned this, but I will reiterate it because for the last 2 weeks, all I've done is eat, sleep, and breathe the Fair. Starting tomorrow I will work 12+ hour days (it always ends up being more like 15 but hey, who's counting?) and so my reality disappears and the Fair is my life. I love the Fair though and love being a part of making it such a huge success (one of the best fairs in the USofA), so I don't mind putting my life on hold to be a part of it.

So there you go. My excuses as to why I haven't posted any of my finished projects yet. I promise once my life returns to normal, and I break down and take on another monthly bill, I will get some up. I'm pretty excited to show you what I've been busy doing (besides the above mentioned items). Stay tuned. Oh yeah, and come see me at the Fair. August 12-22. Non-Stop Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment